Monday, February 2, 2009

PHEW!!

And we can all breathe out now -- the Steelers won. It was tense for the last couple minutes, I have to tell ya. Oh, and did you watch the Puppy Bowl? I totally fell in love with Schroder the husky/beagle mix. I want him and want to cuddle with him because he just wanted to nap. And what a strange combination, BTW.

Commercials -- of course I loved the E-Trade babies. I liked the Doritos crystal ball, I hate to admit but Alec Baldwin was funny for Hulu.com, Troy Polumalu for Coke was a nice homage, Universal Studio Parks with the kid in the hero cape, liked the Audi chase scene from the 1970s to present day because of so many cop chases in shows/movies, and Pedigree Crazy Pets. Didn't like the talking flowers, GoDaddy because I don't like Danica Patrick (bad vibes), LMAO was stupid, Sobe dance sequence was dumb but I understand the reference to last year's lizards dancing to Thriller. Honorable mentions to Bridgestone and the stripped lunar module, Cheetos getting the pigeons on the stuck up girl and Careerbuilder.com for the repetition which was JUST verging on annoying.

So today's Blog/Website of the Day is www.hulu.com/superbowl which lets you watch each and every Superbowl commercial if you missed them or wanted to see them again and lets you vote on the ones you like. Who is tabulating this vote I don't know or why it matters.

Not much happening today. It has been dark and cool for most of it; only now has the sun broken through a bit. Made the website rounds and nothing exciting. Still reading the same stuff and watching the same stuff.

The only quandary of this Monday is that for some reason they have jam-packed it full of things I want to watch on tv. Why do they do this? I don't watch that much but they have to put it all on the same day? Chuck, The Closer, Paranormal State....

Steve may have to go out to the shooting range tonight. It's a busy week for him there: tomorrow is board meeting and then Wednesday is regular shooting. But he's Pistol Director and can't really bow out unless he's sick or out of town. So dinner is a little up in the air at the moment.

Other current events or more like a commentary: I CANNOT BELIEVE the state of our country in which an Olympic athlete is caught photographically smoking pot and he still has sponsors who are backing him. I cannot believe we have officials who are caught not paying their taxes who still get confirmed for cabinet positions. I think we should nominate ALL members of congress for a cabinet position so that maybe we can get them to cough up what they owe in taxes the slimey cheaters. Oh and it's Groundhog's Day and no matter what we will have six more weeks of winter.

Yesterday was niece Lauren's first birthday. I had sent a present down with the grandparents and never heard how it went until I asked last night. Apparently she grabbed the supersoft pink unicorn to herself and buried her face in it so I guess it's a hit.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: