Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stew Day

Late again today. Sheesh. After walking Tug, I got on my making Irish Beef Stew project which took a lot longer than I thought to put together mainly because the beef was a big honking cut (because I'm trying to make room in the freezer for some chicken for goodness sake) instead of stew meat like it should have been. If it turns out good, I'll give y'all the recipe for it tomorrow. Tug was going bonkers while I was crisping the bacon and cutting up and browning the meat. The smell makes him nuts and I become his favorite parent for a while. Last Sunday, when I did the roast in the slow cooker all day, whenever I'd lift the cover to poke at it or stir it, Tug would come into the kitchen and look pitiful at me. Poor baby.

It's a stew day because it is cooooollld out there. In the single digits again and wind chill in the negatives. I think we expect some snow tonight. Winter's still here. But in the 50's by Sunday. Go figure.

I've been having a somewhat civilized battle of words on one of my yahoo groups, crimethrutime. Someone had dissed THE BOOK OF UNHOLY MISCHIEF which I loved so I had to defend it. Then the list owner had to take offence at a phrase I used (it's a story not nonfiction). I left it on a high note basically saying let's agree we love historical mysteries and walk away. That is why I am usually not as vocal on the lists. You can't see people, you can't hear their inflections, and some people are quick to jump to hostility.

I've been reading PROMISES IN DEATH and a text on planned giving today. Not much exciting going on otherwise.

We need humor today. Today's Blog/Website of the Day is http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/. Love him; have some fun.

Tonight is Survivor and then some reading. See ya tomorrow...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: