Monday, February 9, 2009

The first of the week again


Finished SHANGHAI MOON by SJ Rozan last night. A pleasant read. Learning some of the history of China in the 30s through the story was interesting. Back to the Kaminsky now.

Current events: terrible fires in Australia have claimed over 100 lives thus far. The Grammies and the BAFTAs awards were last night. The "stimulus" spending package is enough to pay 90% of mortgages. Oh, I can't read anymore of this. This is too depressing.

Quick, let's change the subject and pretend bad stuff isn't happening out there.

Valentine's Day is Saturday. Love encapsulated in 24 hours. It's been a month and two weeks since the last excuse to party or be forced to buy something for a loved one so we have to have this holiday in February. Actually, I'm not that cynical about Valentine's Day, I just hate to see things get marketed to death. Steve and I got engaged on a Valentine's Day. I remember making Valentine's boxes in grade school with tissue paper decorations. If you're a chocoholic, you can stock up the day afterward with good sales (no, I don't).

Every day this week I'll attempt to have Valentine-themed sites to share. Today's Blog/Website of the Day is the Candy Blog found at http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/. Because nothing says I love you like candy, right? :) I was at Walmart the other day and saw heart shaped peeps. I'm sorry, peeps are only for Easter; it's just wrong. Anyway, the author of the Candy Blog describes her work as "Meticulously photographed and documented reviews of candy from around the world. And the occasional other sweet adventures. Open your mouth, expand your mind." Exploring candy so we don't have to, thank god. Lots of dedication here.

Tug and I had a good walk this afternoon. I got some things accomplished on the computer this morning so today goes down on the plus side. Monday night is tv night, though Chuck is apparently a repeat, so not as crowded. The Closer and Paranormal State to be watched.
Just not being inspired today, the words are not flowing, so I'll end the torture now. Have a good rest of the day, people.
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: