Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Hallows Day


One last Halloween picture ....


I'll tell you about the book I'm reading tomorrow. Yesterday and today my project was to clean and polish the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Over the years they've gotten splashed and dirty so this weekend was it. It looks much better in there now but holy cow so much wood and now my arms are tired. Next up will be cleaning off the table for Thanksgiving and cleaning the spare bedroom.


Daylight savings time is just strange, isn't it? I understand why it was instituted but what a weird idea. I only have the big clock on the wall to change now.


Last night we had 32 kids show up at our door trick or treating. We left the light on an extra half hour before running out of candy. I usually turn off the light at 8 because, to me, anyone out after 8 is probably too old to be trick or treating, but oh well. Yes, we had some kids that I thought were too old but that was actually throughout the evening. We did have our last batches of kids at 8:30 being rather young so I don't know what was up with those parents. It was a rather warm night and the moon was almost completely full which I'm sure made the experience pleasant for everyone and brought more out and about. I hadn't gotten as much candy this year because last year -- even though we're in a kid neighborhood -- we only had 7 kids at our door so this was a big upswing. So we have no left overs to snack on, thank goodness.


One of us has to walk Tug soon -- probably me -- and then we have some football to watch -- the big rivalry between Minnesota and Green Bay AT Green Bay -- ooh, what will they do to Favre? Tonight on tv I may watch Masterpiece Theatre because of the Val McDermid mystery being presented. We'll see.


I have to figure out what to wear tomorrow and the next couple days for work. It will be weird going to work after being out of the work force for so long (a year) and having to be awake and aware for so long a stretch (naps have been my friends). I think I will like this job -- no special events, no weekends or evenings, just doing a job and going home. Wow.


This week Steve has some gun club stuff to attend: board meeting Tuesday, shooting Wednesday and orientation group on Thursday. I've got to go to the post office tomorrow and the book store on Tuesday for the new Robb.


Have a good Sunday....


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: