Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tired out Saturday


Such a day it's been. Majority of the day has been spent cleaning -- both regular weekend cleaning like laundry and vacuuming and also deep cleaning for Thanksgiving. Today's focus was the living room and kitchen. Also had to go to the bank and get groceries. I'm stopping now and will take it up again tomorrow.


Last night I was able to make some good progress in DEATH AT THE PEERLESS POOL and I hope to do again this evening. The frustrating thing about reading crime fiction that occasionally the reader (me) can see where the crime is heading but the investigator person is being blind to it. Sometimes you just want to shout "There! It's right there in front of you, fergoodnesssake!" November is going to be a poor month for reading -- this is only my third book of the month, darnit.


I'm starting to assemble the goods for Thanksgiving. I got a turkey today --- a nice big one to feed nine people and to have left overs. I hope, however, that when it thaws it will smoosh down a little because it fits fine width-wise in my roaster but just a touch too tall. And I'm making my plans for how everything will cook with the pots and standalone cooking things I have. One has to strategize these feasts.


So I think I will just veg the rest of the evening and take up again in the morning. Sorry this hasn't been a lot about books lately. Right now, Tug is zonked at my feet and Steve is snoring on the chaise. See ya....


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: