Friday, November 6, 2009

Phew, it's Friday!


Sorry for missing yesterday. Just not finding time to get everything done in the two hours I have in the evenings.


Well, the first week of work: learned a lot about how unemployment insurance works beyond my own personal experience. We've trained this week and will be next week however I've been chomping at the bit to actually do the job because I think they can show you the systems used but much of it seems to be the best way to learn is on the job. But I have to trust this training program and in fact they usually do like six weeks and we're being rushed to the phones, according to them. The best part has been listening in on actual calls; the worst is that I hate role plays and we do that A LOT. Overall, the people seem to be really really nice and a good work place (what a difference from the past three jobs!). I have to get used to government jobs: this coming Wednesday is a holiday. Woo hoo!


I'm completely enjoying KINDRED IN DEATH by JD Robb. I'm so frustrated not being able to spend more time with it; it's a good story and I hate having to put it aside time and time again. Plus I want to read the new CS Harris. Argh.


The other thing that bothers me being employed again :) is that I have no access to what's going on outside the building I'm in so like events such as the shooting yesterday, I knew nothing about until after I got home. But they mentioned several times that the computers are state property - DO NOT do anything non-state job oriented on them. And I'm assuming that having a radio won't work since I'll be on the phone constantly. So there it is.


So I hope to spend some time reading when I'm done with this. This weekend I have cleaning to do in preparation of Thanksgiving, laundry, go to the post office, and Steve and I need to go get groceries.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: