Monday, November 9, 2009

Tired eyes


Oy, my eyes are tired tonight. 'Course I was tired most of the day. Tug woke me up at 2am, wanting me to go to the couch in the living room. I resisted, then he jumped up on the bed with Steve and I, which he does on occasion. This time he curled against my legs but then proceeded to stretch out and start to push me out of the bed. So I wound up moving to the couch anyway but I didn't want to miss hearing the alarm so I was programming my brain to wake myself up at 5 so I could move back but I think, unfortunately, I made myself not fall asleep properly. I did move back to the bed at 4 but then I never back asleep. No, Tug doesn't rule my life. :)


Work went well. We're still in training mode. We're doing role plays. I've listened to a couple hours now of real unemployment calls so not only am I normally comfortable talking to customers on the phone and this job is pretty straight forward so I think I do well when it's my turn to be the info taker. The hour I listened to today was mostly about the new federal unemployment funds; the bill was signed on the 8th so many people want to know if they're eligible now. More of the same tomorrow.


Tonight I picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza and have been watching the Steelers game. Steve for some reason beat me home and surprised me by walking Tug himself. What a treat. I left watching the game to watch Lie To Me.


I just started DEATH IN THE PEERLESS POOL by Deryn Lake. This is 5th of 13 in series featuring John Rawlings, an apothecary and associate of John Fielding, mostly in 18th century London. Here's a description:



John Rawlings, London's most colourful apothecary and occasional sleuth, is relaxing at the popular swimming baths, the Peerless Pool, when his peace is shattered by the alarming discovery of a drowned woman. The victim is identified as Hannah Rankin, an assistant at the nearby St Luke's asylum for the insane. Assigned to the case by John Fielding, London's famous blind magistrate, Rawlings doesn't realise that he is scratching the surface of something far more complex than an isolated murder. At St Luke's Rawlings discovers a vital clue to Hannah's hidden past which leads to a strange case concerning a child's mysterious disappearance. Was Hannah involved? And why do his investigations lead him again and again to a house of sinister secrets in Bath?
It was published in 1999 and has 193 pages.
It will be nice if I can keep my eyes open long enough to read some pages. I may not make it.
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: