Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm outta here


What a great birthday evening I had. Steve and I had dinner brought in from Cactus Creek and it was delicious but oh so filling -- fish, rice and salad -- but so filling. We watched V on tv -- a new series that began last week that I'm liking. Then Steve brought in my gift -- the complete collection of remastered Beatles CDs -- all 13!!! I kinda suspected he might: back in September when they were released, he was the one who brought them to my attention because he knew I loved them. But I couldn't get them then due to my unemployment, etc. Wow. I'm soooooo looking forward to listening to them. It is such a treasure trove of fantastic music. Then when we were getting ready for bed he brought me a card from him and a card from Tug, our dog. :)


I'm off work today because of the federal holiday attached to Veteran's Day for government employees. (I'm from the government...) I have to run a couple errands this morning. I returned some books to the library on Monday but they're not marked as returned so I need to do some talkin' to people. Right now I'm reading emails and blogs and listening to the radio just like my old routine. Later I should probably do some house cleaning but I'll play the Beatles while I do it. And walk Tug.


Still reading DEATH AT THE PEERLESS POOL. It is good but I'm not able to put much time to it. I won't be reading my goal of 10 books per month in November, I'm thinking. That was my goal for the year. I read a few more than that in some months so I'm a little ahead in my count so I may make the goal anyway. I've been thinking about next year's reading goal -- yes, I'm a book addict and I think this way. I'm not going to put a number pressure on the year. I would like to make time for some of the bigger books I have that I've always wanted to get to but I know they would be huge time commitments so I've not taken them up. Dorothy Dunnett's books come to mind. Maybe if I just put a "quality" goal for the year instead of amounts read.


Today, remember those who fought for our freedoms and those who continue to protect us on a daily basis. They deserve great respect. If you've got a flag, fly it proudly.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: