Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My evil plan is working: cuteness even while I sleep - bwahaha!


A bit tired tonight. Work was fine, no real problem calls (knock wood). The days actually go by quickly when I'm on the phone. Tomorrow morning I have to go in early to give blood for labs. At lunch I probably need to go gas the car and pick up shipping envelopes. On Friday I need to go to the post office. Lisa and family will be in town tomorrow night so heading over to M&D's after walking Tug.
Currently reading WATER LIKE A STONE by Deborah Crombie. This is 11th of 13 in series featuring Duncan Kincaid, a Scotland Yard superintendent, and Gemma James, a sergeant, in London, England. Here is a description:

Duncan Kincaid of Scotland Yard and Gemma James of the Notting Hill Metropolitan Police in the English countryside with the children to celebrate Christmas with Kincaid's family. But the trip turns into a busman's holiday when Kincaid's sister, Juliet Newcombe, finds the mummified corpse of an infant in the wall of a building she's renovating. That discovery proves but the first of many mysteries that soon invade the quiet Cheshire community—a woman who once worked as a social worker is murdered, and Juliet finds evidence that her own husband and his partner may be embezzlers.


It was published in 2007, is a Finalist 2008 Macavity Award for Best Novel, and has 416 pages.

I watched V tonight. Looks like it will be the last episode now until March. That sucks - getting one hooked on the storylines with about five episodes and then pulling the plug.

I'm too tired to read much news so I think I'll read a few pages but probably get a jump on sleep since the morning will come early.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: