Saturday, November 12, 2011


Yesterday was my friend Melanie's last day at work there. We invited many people to celebrate across the street at Tiny's but only four of us showed. I knew I had to go. So there was no post yesterday.

We didn't actually wind up going to a movie on my birthday. We got into Moby, the car started to turn over and then died. Everything electrical, dead. Steve spent a chunk of time looking for the problem. The car started and he drove it around the block but it was iffy. So we took the truck but he had to stop by an ATM for cash, the nearest one had a "temporarily out of service" message. I had been saying we didn't need to go, my heart wasn't set on it, a night in would be fine. Steve stopped by the mall looking for another ATM, none there. So I said, let's just go home. We got Taco Bell for dinner, the boys were glad we were back. I was thinking there were too many obstacles to overcome, too many signs that this wasn't the thing to be doing. :)
Besides, the showing was going to a 3D version and I hate 3D so I was ok. We'll catch in on DVD eventually. And the car was absolutely fine the next morning and has been since. Go figure.



My friend Tami and I had talked about having coffee today at Barnes and Noble but the weather is supposed to be dark and then rainy/snowy so we're thinking next weekend. I'm glad, actually. I would like to putter around the house and read and nap and hang out with the boys. I need to keep working on moving/organizing books into the new bookcase and shifting other books into the space where the old ones were.




I finished an autobiography by Gesine Bullock-Prado called MY LIFE FROM SCRATCH. She is Sandra Bullock's sister who ran the production company in Hollywood for her but then followed her dream to open her own bakery in Vermont. The humor was sharp and sarcastic, just the way I like it. It had some good recipes in there too. Her first name is pronounced Geh-see-neh.




Next up, I don't know yet. I'm waiting for a couple books from the library to shake loose but in the meantime I feel in the mood for a hist-myst but I don't know which exact one yet. I'm feeling sort of Jane Austen-ish, there is a series of mysteries featuring Jane Austen as sleuth that isn't too bad and I do have the first book which I read years ago. There's several books to the series now -- maybe I'll see if that's hitting the spot. Otherwise, I do have a library book called INDIA BLACK that I should get to. Hmmmm.


I put the boys off on their walk this morning until 7; they were bugging for at least a half hour if not more when it was still dark. It's now 9, Steve is still sleeping. I think he may be meeting up with a friend who's dog passed away this past week, spend some time with him to take his mind off it for a bit.


I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight. I had thought nachos but with the weather, it may be more of a soup and grilled cheese night.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: