Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hey, WHO used up all the hot water?

Cooling Down

I've modified my plan of eating and it makes more sense. Basically, it could be called low/no carb. I'm cutting out carbohydrates which I love. No bread, rice (!), cheese (!) etc. and I've already given up pop. So last night, along with my kale/avocado salad I had some salmon. The fish was good; the salad was a little bitter so I'm going to add a big tomato to help out because I'll be having the same again tonight. For breakfast, I had two eggs and a fruit smoothie. I've discovered I'm not very good at making smoothies. This will have to come with practice, I'm thinking. For lunch, I had meusli with AlmondSilk "milk." Snacked on carrots.

I've also been looking at ways to help my psoriasis more naturally because the medicine creams aren't helping the root problem and I've found that apple cider vinegar is more helpful for the outbreak. Better but not best. And so now I'm stepping it up: I've just read about Dead Sea Salt salt baths that work wonderfully according to testimonials so I found some on Amazon that wasn't very expensive and I will have it in about a week. It calls for a cup of the bath salt per bath, soak for 15 minutes. I'm willing to give it try.

I've got the two hour finale of The Voice to watch tonight. Any of the three finalists are okay with me to win. I'll be happy. There will be lots of (unnecessary) singing tonight so I'll probably get a chance to read, too.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: