Sunday, June 16, 2013

If I could find one mowing the lawn...



Yesterday, I spent all day (8 - 5) working the shooting tournament Steve tricked me into. Recapping, several weeks ago Steve came home from shooting while I was in bed sleeping and asked me to help at the tournament. I don't really remember this too well except that I'm sure I would have agreed to anything asked as long as I could go back to sleep. Well, I feel doubly tricked because the lady who does the scoring/stats stayed home because she was "busy". It was me alone and because Steve is still recovering from his illness, he was the runner between the range and the clubhouse instead of actually being the range officer which helped. Long day.

Today, I had to take Steve to the airport at 8. I got home a little after 10 and took a nap. I've been catching up on yesterday's chores (vacuuming, 2 days' of laundry) and mowed the lawn because it needed it badly. I've got to go change the loads but wanted to get this done real quickly.

I'm currently reading CIRCLE OF SHADOWS by Imogen Robertson. This is 4th of 4 in series featuring Harriet Westerman, mistress of Caveley Park manor, and anatomist Gabriel Crowther, in the 1780s, in West Sussex, England. Here is a description:

A grisly murder among the German aristocracy propels this tale of eighteenth century forensics and historical crime solving. The forthright Mrs. Harriet Westerman and her reclusive companion, anatomist Gabriel Crowther, tackle their first case outside of England. As Germany’s elite are celebrating Shrove Tuesday of 1784 with a masked ball, the beautiful Lady Martesen is murdered. Daniel Clode, brother-in-law to Mrs. Westerman, is found near the body. All evidence points to him as the killer. As Daniel awaits execution, Westerman and Crowther arrive and quickly encounter a court full of opulence, intrigue, and deadly secrets—but no one who will talk.

It was published June 2013 and has 384 pages. This is actually an ARC on the Kindle from netgalley.com. This is a good series but the cover is one of the worst I've ever seen. That's too bad.

Tonight, I'm going to have fish and a salad. Tomorrow, I'm starting three days' worth of the "clean" regimen. Due to lack of availability of products here in Montana, I'll be doing mostly green smoothies and a kale/avocado salad with lots of water and fruits/vegies otherwise.  Not much on TV tonight so I'll probably read. Tomorow and Tuesday, I'll have The Voice finale. Woot!

I'm going to hang with the boys, who didn't get to see us very much yesterday and this morning.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster



No comments: