NOT on the front desk today. Woot!
Last night's season finale of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. left some feelings of .... ooginess:
- Bobbi's fingernail torture was graphic. I couldn't watch.
- Coulson catching the Terrigen Mist crystal thing to save Mack and Fitz, then starting to turn to stone, and Mack chopping his arm off with an axe to save him.(yes, I shouted out loud at that)
- The Terrigen Mist crystals at the bottom of the ocean, leaking, being consumed by fish, the fish being turned into fish oil pills for general consumption.
- Ward taking the lead of Hydra.
- And Simmons being swallowed by the Kree rock thing at the end! (Ack! I really shouted out loud as that came completely out of the blue at the very very end and we won't get resolution -- maybe -- until Fall)
Mack: It's Gordon, right?
Gordon: And you are?
Mack: I'm the guy who kills Gordon.
Coulson: You sneaky son of a .... I hate this guy!
Gordon: I'm trapped in here. That's not possible! What did you do?
Fitz: "Science, beyotch!"
Also .... SQUEE! The Arrow finale is tonight!
"My Name is Oliver Queen"
Ra's al Ghul sets his plan in motion, putting everyone in danger; Oliver must decide if he is strong enough to handle his new role - and what it will mean for his team and his soul.
Of course, the title of the episode says it all. Throughout this season he's been struggling with his identity (Oliver Queen/Arrow/Ra's al Ghul heir) and sacrificing himself for everyone he loves (Felicity, Thea, Diggle). Tonight, Starling City is once again in trouble -- it wouldn't be an Arrow season finale if that wasn't the case. First season, there was the Undertaking (earthquake that destroyed the Glades). Second season finale was Slade and his Mirakuru soldiers. Now, in the season 3 finale, it's Ra's al Ghul and the Alpha Omega bio-weapon. Last week's episode ended with Oliver appearing to leave his friends to die in their cell before being forced to marry Nyssa. But since they wouldn't just kill off Diggle, Felicity, Laurel, Ray, and Malcolm in one shot like that, and as the season finale promo showed, they're all alive and well. We also know that this was all a charade that Oliver and Malcolm (!!) undertook to stop Ra's but at the cost of those friendships -- that won't be easy to mend.
And just to show you, I do have a sense of humor about this. Here are some of the funniest memes I've come across:
Really, you think I'm crazy but I am so not that bad. I've seen blogs out there that are absolutely devoted 24/7 to this show. I'm not kidding. I may post a reaction to tonight's show in tomorrow's post but that's about it. Then, I will be free, free at last from TV -- still a couple episodes of Outlander and Game of Thrones -- But I'm free during the week until Fall....
There's always reading ....
Have a great day!
PK the Bookeemonster