Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday, I shall slay thee with a glance ...


Sad news, Nigel Terry passed away at age 69. He was King Arthur in Excalibur. A FABULOUS movie. Love it. And him in it.


The movie came out in 1981; I saw it in the theater then so I was in, what, junior high? He surely added to my "good looking man" template -- dark hair, bearded, etc. To me, this movie is the definitive telling of the King Arthur story.


Yes, Helen Mirren, Liam Neeson, and Patrick Stewart also were in it. They look so young; well, it was 34 years ago (yipes).  Nigel Terry was also in The Lion in Winter with Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn.

We went to see Avengers 2: Age of Ultron yesterday. It was better than I thought it would be, given the reviews saying it was "too much."


There were some great throw away laugh lines, good action. I don't like the storyline of romance between Black Widow and Bruce Banner -- really, the least good-looking guy and one with anger issues? They were teasing all through the movie that Hawkeye would die but someone else died instead which was okay because we weren't invested in that character much yet anyway. Biggest complaint --- not enough shirtless scenes of Cap or Thor ... just sayin', they were missed. No second scene at the very end of credits so don't wait around if you are planning on doing so. (Steve and I always watch all the credits anyway).

Happy Star Wars Day!!


May the Fourth Be With You. :)Yes, I'm a nerd and proud of it.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: