Tuesday, May 5, 2015

You'd like to know what I'm up to, wouldn't you.



I'm about to start THE HEIR by Kiera Cass. This is 4th in THE SELECTION series, young adult dystopian. Here's a description:
Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon's heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story...but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.

Published in 2015, it has 368 pages. This was the trilogy that mixed Hunger Games with The Bachelor TV show.

Tonight, I have Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to watch. Coulson photo!


"Scars":
Skye is torn between her loyalty to S.H.I.E.L.D. and her connection to the Inhumans as tensions rise between the groups -- and Coulson reveals a secret he’s been hiding from even those closest to him.
This is the first episode since the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie. We'll see how it ties in. 

Looking at the cover of the book I'm reading, I recall a couple years ago I did a post about my favorite beautiful book covers. There's a trend in contemporary books, it seems, to be *not* pretty (of course, this is my taste, others' will vary).


 
But people often choose a book because the cover caught their eye. The trend I'm seeing now for beautiful covers is that they often are found on the SFF, young adult, and romance books. Genre books.







Which ones would get your attention? Hmmm?

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: