Thursday, January 22, 2009

The day before Friday

The Blog/Website of the Day is a story from BusinessWeek called "Autopsy of an Indie Bookseller" which can be found at http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/jan2009/sb20090112_080138.htm?link_position=link1. I wanted to open a bookstore; it is why I got my MBA. But in working on my Masters, I figured out that it would not ultimately operate in the black without an ongoing angel. So, one dream set aside. This is an interesting article.

Watched a good show on tv last night. The Fox Channel is coming up with some good ones recently including Fringe and House. But the show I saw last night was called Tell Me Lies featuring Tim Roth. Side note, it is a trend to hire a Brit actor to lead American shows; Hugh Laurie led the way for Damien Lewis, Tim Roth, whoseewhatis the Mentalist guy, and I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Anyway, about Tell Me Lies. Tim Roth is a fine fine actor who I've watched since being amazed by him and Gary Oldman in Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and Roth also in Rob Roy. "Dr. Cal Lightman can detect the truth by analyzing a person's face, body, voice and speech. Lightman is the world's leading deception expert, a scientist who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if you are lying but why. Lightman heads a team of experts at The Lightman Group who assist federal law enforcement, government agencies and local police with their most difficult cases." The REAL guy that this show is based on can be found at http://www.paulekman.com/. And you can watch the full episode on the Internet at http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=lietome as well as interviews and stuff.

There's a lot of layoffs going on countrywide and I was told of someone locally who'd been with the company for over 20 years who was let go along with 9 others. I'm such a trendsetter.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: