Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

Four years ago, we participated in the the Inaugural parade. I am so glad we are not there today. It was such a painful trip from every point of view it took a very long time to recover from it and I still try not to think about it. Today's parade didn't even get started until it started to get dark. Crazy stupid. The parade is still going on as I write this and it's fricking DARK, it's NIGHT and those poor people have been out there since early this morning. And they still have to break things down and load up before they get to head back to their temporary homes tonight.

I had planned a media blackout today. This is not my guy and I'm most definitely on the other team. But I am a political junkie and caved. I only cried once: when President Bush and Mrs. Bush boarded the helicopter and left DC. Think what you will about the previous presidency, they are gracious and warm people. I wonder what it will be like for him tomorrow morning. Is he relieved? Is he anxious that he had to let go and trust the next guys to do what he had taken of? I would imagine that he will still be busy but will be able to enjoy his baseball again when the season starts up again.

I don't agree with the viewpoint of this party but I have to wish him well because the safety and success of our country depends upon it. I pray to God that he gets up to speed quickly and learns how to make (the right) decisions fast.

So not much else happening. Still reading the same; not much on tv except for political junkies of whatever they show of the parties.

No comments: