Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mid-week Crisis -- okay, dilemna maybe

I'm so conflicted. We'll be watching the SuperBowl of course this Sunday and cheering on Steve's team the Steelers. It was so much easier the last time the Steelers were in this position: Steve was AT the Superbowl and I was home -- comfy, warm and able to watch Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl to my heart's content. This year with Steve staying home, I will have to probably tape it and watch it at a later date. I don't think there will be opportunities of sneaking that channel every once in a while. This is the fifth time they've done the Puppy Bowl, my favorite. (sigh)

Guess what? Still reading TEAM OF RIVALS by Goodwin. We're up to the 1850's and slavery is becoming the issue. It will be interesting to see in detail how Lincoln got to a place of the Emancipation Proclamation. Until then, he supported what the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution said: that slavery wouldn't go past where it already existed. Most Americans (other than the South and Abolitionists) held on to the compromises that kept the power in balance -- for every state or territory added: one for them one for these guys. So, yes, I'm looking forward to the progression of this.

Put in another application for one I really want. Keep your fingers crossed.

Otherwise, Tug and I walked and then went for a ride to Wendy's. I got chili for dinner and Tug didn't get a cookie like they have in the past given to him. So I kinda hinted around and the second window lady gave him a couple chicken nuggets. He's that kind of powerful when he puts the Jedi mind trick on someone. Next time it could be a whole hamburger (minus the ketchup, he hates tomatoes and ketchup).

Back to watching Veronica Mars. I'm very sad that I only have a few episodes left until I'm done. No more new eps. Have to find another show to get addicted to. :) Let's see, one thing I love about that show is that they throw in cultural references without explanation and you have to be cool enough to pick them up. The show Chuck is the same way (which I also like a lot). You're in or you're out but if you don't get it it's still enjoyable.

Blog/Website of the Day: for those of you who like the covers of pulp fiction (and you know who you are) The Rap Sheet has created a separate page just for that. Killer Covers can be found at http://killercoversoftheweek.blogspot.com/. Honestly, the artwork for pulp fiction books is awesome no matter who you are. The art sells/tells the story. Check it out; they've just gotten started but there's a couple entries already.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: