Friday, January 23, 2009

You hit the finish line -- It's Friday

Winter came back to town. Two days ago I walked Tug wearing a windbreaker as the temps were in the mid to high 50s. Today, the high was 5 degrees with windchill below zero. It's baaack. Have to wear multiple layers and thermals again. Fire up the pellet stove. It's supposed to be cold this weekend as well so I think we're hunkering down other than the required walks.

Finished BLUNT DART by Jeremiah Healy. A solid private investigator story. The element that I always heard about this series and is touching is that Cuddy's wife has died and he talks to her sometimes. I haven't really decided what to read next but it may the next in series for me from histmyst author Bernard Knight. I'm waiting for a couple holds at the library to shake loose. The new Kaminsky and one other that isn't coming to my mind right now.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Detectives Beyond Borders found at http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/. When one thinks of detectives, sometimes the image is narrowed only to the hard street of NY or LA or distinctly American, but there are some great crime fiction outside the US. And what an inexpensive way to experience other countries and cultures! So go explore!!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: