Monday, January 5, 2009

THE PLYMOUTH CLOAK

Today's Blog of the Day is a terrific resource: The Historical Mystery Homepage. http://members.tripod.com/BrerFox/historicalmystery.html. It is updated with new releases as well as listing histmyst authors by alphabet and books/series by era if one has a particular time period they enjoy and would like to read. There are many many different historical mystery series to choose from, so jump in! Join usssssss......

I made the online rounds today of job listings and struck no gold. Still crossing my fingers to hear on the web manager one. Otherwise, I may just have to wing it myself.

I was nice to Tug and let him off leash for most of the walk today and he rewarded me by chasing a bunny on our street as we were coming back and wouldn't listen to me for quite a while.

Currently reading THE PLYMOUTH CLOAK by Kate Sedley, second in her Roger the Chapman series. Published in 1994, it has 192 pages. It does not appear that she has a website of her own. There is remarkably little about her anywhere, not even on publisher's websites which is unusual. This is from wikipedia:


Kate Sedley, the pen-name of Brenda Margaret Lilian Honeyman Clarke (born 1926) is an English historical novelist. She was born in Bristol and educated at The Red Maid's School, Westbury-on-Trym. She is married and has a son and a daughter, and one granddaughter.

The description for THE PLYMOUTH CLOAK follows from Booklist:

Once again, Roger crosses paths with Richard, duke of Gloucester, the younger brother of King Edward. The duke, a loyal member of the House of York, commissions Roger to protect a royal emissary on a perilous mission to circumvent another Lancastrian insurrection. When the king's agent is brutally slain, Roger must unmask a cunning murderer in order to successfully complete his crucial assignment.

It is a quick, enjoyable read.
I also watched two episodes of Veronica Mars. This series is just simply brilliant. Stories and acting that are fabulous. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a very big favor and rent the first season.

I've added a photo that I've used on my Crimespace page. This photo, I found in my grandmother's attic many years ago. We don't know who it is but I've always liked it. It has become my icon.

I'm sorry to say that I am feeling uninspired in my blogging today.Must be Monday. My apologies. Perhaps tomorrow will be better. :)

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: