Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a beautiful day...

So yesterday's Blog/Website of the Day was Eurocrime which will get have the effect of getting one all excited about books that may not be available in the US yet, am I correct? Personally, I like a lot of books that are either available in the UK some time before they get here or they just don't even get published in the US. What's a bookeemonster to do? One solution is to go to the Book Depository website found at http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/homepage.php. Good information there as well as the ability to order UK books WITHOUT SHIPPING COSTS. That's the humdinger. Learn it, love it, use it.

Got a call today from one of the places to which I applied for a job. It was a pre-screening type call asking me some questions and probably getting a general feel for who I am. So they didn't reject me outright which is step in the right direction. They said they would decide who they'd like to see by the end of the week and would be making calls in the next week or two to let one know if they are continuing in the process which involved testing at Job Service of one's knowledge of Microsoft applications, face to face interviews and perhaps testing of one's blood or giving up a first born, I don't know how in depth they go after that. So we'll see.

It's been in the 50s the past few days and supposed to continue until Thursday. People are out in their yard busy cleaning up and kids are out frolicking (no school today). There will be quite a shock when we get more snow in the next few weeks. It's only January, people. Don't go watering your lawns just yet.

Tonight, we have the return of Paranormal State on tv to watch. Otherwise, I believe I'll spend some time reading. I'm still in the same book and I get antsy if I'm in the same one for too long. It's time to move along.

BTW, Steve's diabetic doctor appointment went well this morning -- the doctor said Steve's lab results were "excellent." Yay!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: