Sunday, April 4, 2010

Alphabet in Historical Crime Fiction - U / Book Meme


~ U ~


Nicola Upson
Josephine Tey, the mystery writer, in 1930s Britain


  • An Expert in Murder (2008)


  • Angel with Two Faces (2009)


    Book meme:

"List the top 10 books which have influenced your view of the world."
I'll take this to mean more along the lines of influenced my reading world. The books are in no intended order.



- DUNE by Frank Herbert

Junior high school - the world of SFF opened up



- CURTAIN by Agatha Christie

My first adult mystery - high school



- THE FLAME AND THE FLOWER by Kathleen Woodiweis

My first gothic romance - 5th grade, read many many romances after that until DUNE.



- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE/PERSUASION by Jane Austen

love love love them, if I had to memorize a book to save it, it would be one of these I think



- THE INTELLIGENCER by Leslie Siebert

Started my current love of historical crime fiction


- OUT ON A LIMB by Shirley McLaine

sparked my personal spiritual journey



- author Isaac Asimov - no particular book, maybe all

nonfiction is easy, enjoyable, approachable


- THE BODY by Richard Sapir

I think this is the one that got me into liking stories of religious/political/Da Vinci Code-like intrigue thrillers -- way before Da Vinci Code came out -- mid 1980s maybe


This is where it is getting difficult ..... I can't really name any more specific books that influenced. I'm sure there have been many that affected me in ways I can't really fathom. What *one* book turned on the voracious love of reading in me? I don't know. For some, they could say the Harry Potter books maybe, but I've always loved reading since I was a kid. Well, perhaps this is as far as I go for today on it. I'll have to think more on it.


Happy Easter


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster



No comments: