Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh boy, we LOVE UPS deliveries!




It's here! I'm about to start SHADOWS IN THE STREET by Susan Hill. This is 5th of 5 in series featuring Simon Serrailler, a police Chief Inspector in Lafferton, England. Here is a description:




Simon Serrailler has just wrapped up a particularly exhausting and difficult case for SIFT - Special Incident Flying Taskforce - and is on a sabbatical on a far flung Scottish island when he is called back to Lafferton by the Chief Constable. Two local prostitutes have gone missing and are subsequently found strangled. By the time he gets back, another girl has disappeared. Is this a vendetta against prostitutes by someone with a warped mind? Or a series of killings by an angry punter? But then one of the Cathedral wives goes missing, followed by another young married woman, on her way to work. Serailler follows lead after lead, all of which become dead-ends. The fear is that more women will be killed, and that the murderer is right under their
noses; meanwhile the public grow more angry and afraid.


It was published April 1, 201o in the UK and has 384 pages.

I finished A MURDEROUS PROCESSION by Ariana Franklin on Saturday night. The ending: I'm vexed. Terribly vexed.

I had a very strange dream this morning right before waking up. It was rather seductive and I think the guy in the scenario was sort of like Roger Daltry of the The Who -- and I don't even like blonds. Hunh.

I'm not one to wish life away but gosh another weekend would be good about now and a three or four day one at that. :) Ah well. Plugging along -- Steve has a board meeting tomorrow evening, shooting Wednesday and a tournament on Saturday. Another typical week for him it seems like these days. I had signed up for a knitting class that is supposed to start tomorrow but I haven't heard yet if it will go ahead -- they were waiting for at least six students to sign up.

I don't think tv shows should go on hiatus at mid season for months at a time. They lose me as an audience member because I've learned to live without it. Chuck came back and I dropped it after 2-3 episodes; V started up again last week and I wasn't all fired up to stay up for it. The Tudors will be starting again next week and I will watch it. Glee should be starting up again but I'm iffy on it; I suppose I'll check it out. They snooze they lose.

Going to start my book ...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: