Saturday, April 17, 2010

Take the damn picture already and it better not show up on the Interweb


Almost forgot to post today. I'm taking it mostly easy today but I did walk Tug, did some laundry, and vacuumed upstairs. But I also napped and was generally lazy otherwise.

Spartacus last night was ... slaughter city. The slave rebellion has begun and it was looking like Carrie's prom night if you remember the movie with Sissie Spacek. Blood all ovah. And that little blonde rhymes with witch was evil again -- and lives. Otherwise, pretty much everyone who was not a slave was killed. Half the cast is now gone.


Oh! And they showed previews on HBO or was it Showtime of the upcoming miniseries Pillars of the Earth. Woo hoo! I've been keeping my eye on that from the UK from last year. It is based on the Ken Follett book set in medieval England and the building of a cathedral. Stars Ian McShane and Matthew Macfadyen. It will begin showing in July - mark your calendars.


Tonight, nothing on tv for me but I may suggest watching a movie. We still have Sherlock Holmes to watch and Gamer. I wouldn't mind an evening of reading per usual though.
I was just thinking of the feature on Netflix where they recommend similar movies to the one you're interested in. So for the book I'm currently reading, A VEIN OF DECEIT by Susanna Gregory, I would recommend the historical mystery series by
  • Margaret Frazer (featuring Dame Frevisse a medieval nun in Oxfordshire, England) or
  • Michael Jecks Simon Puttock, medieval West County bailiff, and Sir Baldwin Furnshill, ex-Templar Knight, in Devon, England, or
  • Bernard Knight (featuring Sir John de Wolfe, the crowner (coroner), in 12th century Devon, England) or
  • Ariana Franklin (featuring Adelia (Vesuvia Adelia Rachel Ortese Aguilar of Salerno), a “doctor for the dead” working for King Henry II in 12th century England or
  • Candace Robb (featuring Owen Archer, a medieval spy for the Archbishop, in 1300s Wales)
Go on and read for a bit...

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: