Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunny Monday


Mama and the Papas: Monday Monday. Good song actually.


I'm closing in on finishing A VEIN OF DECEIT by Susanna Gregory. The Elizabeth George should show up on my Kindle in the morning. I'll watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations tonight but I hope to otherwise get the book done or close to it.


Do book titles capture your attention? Will a book title alone make you read a book? I wouldn't say a title ALONE would do it but it can capture my attention. I love the title by Elle Newmark, THE BOOK OF UNHOLY MISCHIEF. It was a very good book to read as well, but doesn't that just tittilate?


Some books' titles, especially of the cozy variety, try to be "clever" or do a play on words. How about, A WITCH IN TIME by Madelyn Alt or Tressed to Kill by Lila Dare or Skein of the Crime by Maggie Sefton. Other books just say it like it is, example: THE KILLER by Tom Hinshelwood.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: