Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse (one of the best titles ever)


So the book I was reading this morning was the manual for the Blackberry. As much as I was an early computer and Internet adopter, I have not ventured into the land of advanced cell phones. I am now thinking texting and so forth is a good idea, being in a job where the Internet is a no-no on state computers. I'm still trying to figure things out but I do have a cool ringtone: The Who's Baba O'Reilly opening. Woo hoo!


Slowly but surely I'm updating the things I hadn't been able to deal with while unemployed last year: new shoes, some clothes, updated glasses, cell phone, fixing computer, etc. Nice to able to do that.




I'm currently reading A MURDEROUS PROCESSION by Ariana Franklin. This is 4th of 4 in series featuring Adelia (Vesuvia Adelia Rachel Ortese Aguilar of Salerno), a “doctor for the dead” working for King Henry II in 12th century England. Here is a description:






Medieval forensic pathologist Adelia Aguilar has been an enjoying a quiet life in the countryside with her daughter and friends. Then Henry II demands that she accompany his daughter and her formal procession to Sicily and offers to “keep” her daughter with Queen Eleanor until her safe return. But death stalks the procession, and Adelia and her loyal friends soon realize that the killer is someone from her past bent on revenge.


It was just published and has 352 pages. From the first book, one can so hear Peter O'Toole as Henry and Katherine Hepburn as Eleanor. Amazing.


Next up: perhaps A VEIN OF DECEIT by Susanna Gregory, next in series for me of Brother Michael and physician Matthew Bartholomew books. On the way to me are the new Susan Hill's SHADOWS IN THE STREET and Phil Rickman's BONES OF AVALON so they are on deck when they arrive.


Happy Easter a day early... may you have the good kind of hollow chocolate bunnies in your future. Num! (never really did like peeps)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: