Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Move along now, nothing to see here, that's it, move along ...


Tuesdays are just "meh". They're not the beginning, nor "hump" nor "TGIF" nor the weekend. The good thing about today, however, was that I got my desktop computer back with all info intact. And it is a good thing I had my half of the tax return to pay for it. Ouch. Yes, it was cheaper than buying a new one but when you're handing over the cash it hurts. I'm not able to be on it tonight because Steve is gone at a board meeting so Tug must have me upstairs but soon.


It was a gorgeously dark and rainy day today and it was wasted being at work. PERFECT all day for reading and napping. Bah humbug.


I'm a little ways into the new Susan Hill book. The language is as evocative as ever. The storylines are very ... real. No soft edges or happy endings for some people and there are aftermaths of things going wrong to deal with and deal with. If one were looking for a "literary" example of crime fiction, I would recommend this author -- and I would definitely say start at the beginning of the series. There are repercussions from book one onward. It's not noir by any means but it is not cozy. Depressing? Sometimes. :)


Remember a couple weekends ago I mentioned how so dizzy I got on Sunday evening and then left work the next day? My friend at work had it too this past weekend and she missed yesterday saying she was so dizzy and then so tired. EXACTLY what I had. Though she may have had it worse from some more of her symptoms she described. There is a flu going around, careful people.


V is on tonight again at 9 but I simply cannot stay up for it. I'm back to my overtime schedule and have got be in bed at 9 or I'm toast in the morning. If it started even an hour earlier I could make it work, but no. Not now.


I downloaded some samples to my Kindle of two books released today: CONTESTED WILL by James S. Shapiro, nonfiction about the "controversy" of who really wrote the plays by Shakespeare (I'm sorry, I think it is silly to consider anyone else but the man himself); HAND OF FATE by Lisa Weihl and April Henry, 2nd of 2 in their Triple Threat series; and also THE CRIMSON ROOMS by Katherine McMahon, a historical in 1920s England. Also out today but not available on Kindle is PATIENCE by Lisa Valdez (remember, Passion's sister?) -- NOT available on Kindle and I won't read it any other way. :)


Happy Tuesday ... or, you know, whatever...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: