Thursday, November 11, 2010

Conspiracy Theory? I don't think so.


So I worked for eight hours today at holiday pay plus time and half for working it so it was productive in many ways. Got home and walked Tug. I'll make a casserole in a little bit that is a little time consuming to put together but will reap many left overs. There's football on tv tonight but also Steve's shooting shows and I'm not really interested in either so I may get to read before bed. There is so much that I want to read right now that I'm thinking that I'm going to have to put more effort into it in the evenings since weekends are reserved for the newsletter.
And wouldn't you know that I finally find a show that's intelligent and worthy of my attention and they go and cancel it after one season. AMC cancelled Rubicon. Bah on them. Not a happy camper here.


It's been a while since I've done a reading meme, and I don't really remember doing this one so here we go:


What are you reading right now?

DECISION POINTS by George W. Bush and CHRISTMAS MOURNING by Margaret Maron


Do you have any idea what you'll read when you’re done with that?

Finish ON THE LINE by SJ Rozan and oh so many others


What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now?

RT Reviews and Fusion


What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read?

Well the only time I was forced to read anything was school (junior high, high school and college)... the worst thing wasn't fiction -- though I h.a.t.e.d. CATCHER IN THE RYE in high school -- was for my master of nonprofit management was the text book for the social justice class -- it just pissed me off on so many levels.


What's the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?

Depends on who and when. For a while last year I kept recommending THE BOOK OF UNHOLY MISCHIEF by Elle Newmark as one of the best I'd read that year. The year before that it was THE THIRTEEN TALE by Diane Setterfield or THE HOUSE AT RIVERTON by Kate Morton. I always recommend Alan Gordon's Jester series. But you really have to ask the recommendee what their tastes are before offering ideas.


Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don't they?

Just one because she's a friend. And in the past year I haven't really used my library because they switched to a new completely sucky catalogue system and I got the Kindle.


Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don't like it at all?

Oh, gosh, just look at my list of Sunday Seconds. DUNE by Frank Herbert is too SF, A ROOM OF ONE'S OWN by Virginia Woolf is a book by Virginia Woolf and a really long essay, anything current events or politics....


Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you're having sex? While you’re driving?

Eat: yes. Bathe: no, no tub worthy of a bathe. Movies or tv: yes while watching tv. Music: yes it creates good ambiance. Computer: no but very rarely while waiting for a download or something like that. Sex: you're apparently not doing it right if you're reading. Driving: as an audiobook yes.


When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?

No but they do now as an adult. But then I make fun of them for not reading so it's even.


What's the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down?

I don't stay up half the night anymore because I value my sleep more now but I devote hours to reading when I know I should be doing something else. So in the vein: HAPPY EVER AFTER by Nora Roberts and INDULGENCE IN DEATH by JD Robb.


Gotta go start dinner. Off you go.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

1 comment:

villiar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.