Saturday, November 27, 2010

Polar bear!



In the past couple days I was trying to figure out what to read next after finishing THE BRUTAL TELLING by Louise Penny. Being a sometimes organized person, I made of list of the possibles that I had **immediately on hand and off the top of my head while at work** (yeah, I was mostly productive but it was a Friday with a lot of people gone, ferheaven'ssake). There were 20. Indeed, my reading options overfloweth. I did not list, of course, EVERYTHING I have on hand, but the ones that were next in series for me in a some of the historical mystery series I'm reading and the ones I have on Kindle and some recent purchases otherwise. But not everything. These were just the stronger contenders.



  1. THE SUBTLE SERPENT by Peter Tremayne

  2. THE ABBOT'S GIBBET by Michael Jecks

  3. DEATH IN THE VALLEY OF SHADOWS by Deryn lake

  4. THE ELIXER OF DEATH by Bernard Knight

  5. BAD BOY by Peter Robinson

  6. FALCONER'S JUDGMENT by Ian Morson

  7. THE MORE DECEIVED by David Roberts

  8. TERRA INCOGNITA by Ruth Downie

  9. SACRED TREASON by James Forrester

  10. THE BONES OF AVALON by Phil Rickman

  11. DANGEROUS TO KNOW by Tasha Alexander (the winner)

  12. SHROUD OF DISHONOUR by Maureen Ash

  13. THE MARKED MAN by Barbara Hamilton

  14. ON THE LINE by SJ Rozan

  15. THE WICKED WINTER by Kate Sedley

  16. THINK OF A NUMBER by John Verdon

  17. A NAIL THROUGH THE HEART by Timothy Hallinen

  18. A SMALL DEATH IN THE GREAT GLEN by A.D. Scott

  19. THE FIFTH SERVANT by Kenneth Wishnia

  20. MOONLIGHT MILE by Dennis Lehane


and I could easily list 20 more and not count a handful of nonfiction books. If the publishing industry collapses, I'm set for a while.


And last night I did browse a bit through the second half of the alphabet in the Second Purge and have added more books to the box of things to go. Now, I need to figure out which ones to go on www.paperbackswap.com and which ones to lend to a friend who has a friend who is desperate for books because she is laid up or something.



I did a post a while back listing ten covers that I thought were beautiful. I came across these two yesterday ... aren't they gorgeous?




Much to do today and all this book talk is getting me sidetracked so off you go...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: