Monday, November 22, 2010

This blanket better be electric, people


I try to read my book at work but there is always someone who ignores the signs that you'd rather read than conduct a conversation. So not much read today in my attempt to get moving in my reading.


It was freaking cold today. The high was supposed to be six degrees but I don't even think it got there. And poor Steve had to be out in it doing service calls. Driving to work, I was getting up to 30 mph in a 35 zone on the straightaways but vehicles were zooming by me. It was ice, people! Crazy. Driving home I didn't get above 25 and usually less and I give a good margin of cushion from the car in front of me. I don't care if it pisses people off, I'm getting to my destinations safely, thankyouverymuch.


I've thought Dancing with the Stars to be silly but I think even worse is starting tonight: Skating with the Stars. Looks like nothing too enticing on tv tonight except perhaps Lie to Me. I just feel like soaking in the shower and then huddling under the covers. Uff da. And keep reading the Louise Penny. They just kind of figured out where the victim was murdered but not yet who he was. No Cabot Cove syndrome yet in this series, for me anyway.


There's going to be a lot of people gone from work on Friday, making it a four-day weekend. Not me. I'll be there. I don't need to buy things that badly no matter what the deals. Truly. Having worked that day in a mall setting, I do not want to be a part of it. Luckily, my to/from work route isn't in the high shopping traffic zone and I shouldn't be affected. And, being a low-staffed day, maybe it will be quiet enough to really get some work done without interruptions or "fire-putting-out" must-be-done-now things that happen every day.


I truly don't mind working that day. No. What scares me is if we have to do the damn Christmas parade downtown that evening. Steve's dad always does his horse and surry for First Interstate Bank and it is always fricking freezing and Steve always has to help and sometimes I get roped in. Oh boy. I hate it. When oh when will it come a time that it is not to be? (beseeching heaven).


In the meantime, if you live in Hawaii or the southern hemisphere where it's summer I have only one thing to say: :PPPPPpppppp


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: