Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Probably a good thing we don't know what they're thinking


Apparently my dog is part death lizard with acid saliva. I was playing with him last night, down on his level, we were barking and aroo-ing, and he shook his head at one point. The minute-est drop of saliva flew into my eye. Gross but no big deal, right? Within five minutes my eye was red and swelling. I flushed it, I took a benedryl for whatever allergy attack I was undergoing. I tried to read but it was burning so I just gave up and crossed my fingers all would be well in the morning. It was, aside from the benedryl hangover. I so could have slept in today.


So work was interesting. I had taken a statement from a fellow a couple weeks ago that a co-worker had refused to call because of his "crazy" emails he had been sending in to unemployment. He was fine, polite, etc. I sent a form to the employer to get their statement and legally had to wait eight days. So I look in the guy's claim today and the day after our conversation he had sent in ten more emails of craziness. Not that they were relevent to the decision regarding his separation from employment, it didn't help him either. Uff da.


I finished THE BRUTAL TELLING by Louise Penny. I like this series a lot and this one had an ending that was .... truly sad. I'm not sure yet what to read next; I really should do one from any of the gabillion series that I'm reading. The prospect of choosing something new is exciting after so long.


Steve is shooting. I have America's Next Top Model to watch (because I like to see skinny beautiful girls being criticized (c) ). I was in the mood for eggnog so I got a little bottle so that is adding to the holiday feeling now.


Tomorrow is truly a day of thanks and to be treasured. With Russia and China dropping the US dollar in trade, this is going to be another stake in the rush toward inflation. By this time next year, we may not be able to afford such luxuries.


We'll be having dinner at my Mom and Dad's. We'll be able to sleep in and I'll be able to walk Tug before we head over. Football as always.


Everyone, have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family, whereever you may be.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: