Friday, March 25, 2011

Or it is a Friday of a particularly long week...YES!


Sorry, didn't have time last night to post. I didn't come home between work and my class which I'll tell you about tomorrow.



Today... I picked up the books that I'm supposed to read for the High Plains Bookfest in the category of Best First Book. Oh boy.





My blog is probably way obscure enough and the festival is small enough that me saying what books I'm reading is not a big deal.





HUMP by Ariel Gordon. A book of poetry -- "Month by month, stanza by stanza, Gordon attempts to adequately represent the wonder and devilment of being-with-child."




BALLAD OF THE NORTHLAND by Jason Barron "is a story about a young boy who grows up poverty stricken in the wild bush country of interior Alaska."





THE RED CORNER: the Rise and Fall of Communism in Northeastern Montana by Verlaine Stoner McDonald "chronicles the meteoric rise and decline of Communism on the prairies of northeastern Montana."




STROKE PREVENTION NATURALLY by Felix Veloso, MD., F.R.C.P. (C), F.A.A.N. "provides recognized natural healthy lifestyle strategies that can prevent up to 90% of strokes (along with dementia and heart attack).





Well, don't they sound fun? I just finished Louise Penny's most recent, BURY THE DEAD which was a "wow" book.




Tonight I have Say Yes to the Dress to watch. This weekend I'll be finishing the April issue, doing laundry now that the dryer is fixed, prep for phone interview on Monday afternoon for development job, figure out a project for the class I'll tell you about tomorrow and start reading one of these books. Steve has a class to teach tomorrow.




Gotta go make dinner...




Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: