Friday, March 18, 2011

That makes me laugh



I finished THE FLEET STREET MURDERS by Charles Finch last night. I'm now figuring out what to read next although I may not the chance and I'll explain in a minute. I've taken the Mary Stanton book out of the running for being not my cuppa tea. I felt gray cells dying. I hate that.


I stopped by Barnes and Noble today to just be around books and take a look around. A friend of mine from, man, 25 years (?) stopped me. Lori and I worked together at Waldenbooks in the mid 80s. Yeah. Wow. Anyway, she asked me to be a reader for the High Plains Bookfest for the best first novel category. I have to read four books by the end of April. After that, I don't know. She's dropping them off this weekend therefore I probably shouldn't get too committed to a book of my choice. It's nice that she thought of me and all that but it will be difficult for me to get through these books. They will be "regional" books, meaning about Montana, Wyoming, etc. The double whammy of regional and contemporary fiction, I have ... problems ... with. I find them boring. But I'll do it. It would interesting to be involved in the process.


Say Yes to the Dress is on tonight. I won't be going in to work tomorrow. They've cut back overtime hours to five maximum. The overwhelming workload of the past couple years of unemployment is winding down and this is being reflected in the cutting of OT and ultimately the cutting of the temp positions. Good, but not good for me. I'm thinking I won't be helping Steve tomorrow either because I really really really need to work on my newsletter. I only have two weekends to work on the April issue left and I've not made a lot of progress. This weekend has to be a big crunch on it.


I hope y'all have a good weekend. Don't forget to look at the SuperMoon tomorrow. It was amazing this morning and will be even better tomorrow. :)


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: