Friday, August 12, 2011

Dogs wouldn't do that



I watched the Republican debate last night. The whole thing. Yes, I'm a geek. I didn’t watch the previous one because to me it was way too early to be paying attention but now things are getting started. I don't know if the questions posed to the candidates were good ones, in that they probably didn’t give a full picture of the policies and thinking of each. I did glean some impressions and formed opinions from the viewing.

Romney: Still don't like him. Smarmy. Comes across as entitled to the post. Out. I know they say he’s the front runner but I do not want him and I will not vote for him.

Huntington: Crossed off the list. He never gave specifics of how he would do anything, very vague, wobbly voice, kept saying "I stand by my record" but not a whole lot of detail. Sorry, that rhetoric does not cutting it anymore.

Ron Paul: too old. Too dangerous in terms of foreign policy. I'm afraid his avid following will split the vote ultimately. Out and was never in.

Tim Pawlenty: he is just beige to me. Meh. Doesn't come across as any better than any of the other candidates. Almost crossed off. Not Presidential to me.

Bachman: I've liked her but she kind of worried me last night. She's a fighter but I need to see more. Doesn’t have executive experience. (Neither did Obama of course) But hasn’t she helped her husband in a home business?

Santorum: Bears some more looking. He hadn't really been on my radar but he is now. He’s got good values and believes in first principles. He may be a top contender for me.


Herman Cain: Has good business savvy but may need to learn more about government operations. Keeping an eye on him. Being black, sadly, would be a plus. I don’t give a frick about one’s color only the content of their character but the Left always has to play the race card and he would neutralize that.

Newt Gingrich: I had written him off because he's a Progressive, I've read. But he said good things last night. Could he be neutralized in the VP position and still provide ideas and experience to give help to the Pres candidate?

Don’t know yet about Perry who will join the group, probably this weekend. Palin has the knowledge and toughness and executive experience but she’ll split the country in terms of votes. But the Left is so afraid of her she would be effective. Chris Christie may be lovely, we think, but he’s not running. Money would be a tsunami for him though and it’s going to take a lot of money to go up against the opposition.

The debate itself was entertaining and several had very good lines and made good points.

Glad it’s Friday. Working on the newsletter this weekend and the other usual suspects.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster




No comments: