Thursday, August 18, 2011

May be better than having minions



I probably shouldn't have gone to work today. And then I had plans to go home at lunch which I should have but we were short handed so I stayed. I did ask Steve to walk the dogs and he is and I picked up dinner at Quiznos. My only plans tonight are to elevate my leg, take a Tylenol, and read until I zonk which probably won't be long. What a bother.

I'm currently reading MYSTERY IN THE MINSTER by Susanna Gregory. This is 17th of 17 in series featuring Matthew Bartholomew, physician, and his colleague Brother Michael, in 14th century Cambridge. Here is a summary:




In 1358 the fledging college of Michaelhouse in Cambridge is in need of extra funds. A legacy from the Archbishop of York of a parish close to that city promises a welcome source of income. However, there has been another claim to its ownership and it seems the only way to settle the dispute is for a deputation from Michaelhouse to travel north. Matthew Bartholomew is among the small party which arrives in the bustling city, where the increasing wealth of the merchants is unsettling the established order, and where a French invasion is an ever-present threat to its port. But soon he and his colleagues learn that several of the Archbishop's executors have died in unexplained circumstances and that the codicil naming Michaelhouse as a beneficiary cannot be found.


It was just published in the UK and will be out in the US in November. It has 400 pages.

I will have to work tomorrow because we will be short handed again. My friend there had a miscarriage, and will finally take a day off tomorrow ... maybe she says. Oy. It will be Friday and I can rest on the weekend though I did absolutely nothing on the newsletter last weekend so I have to work on it no matter what. The cold may be subsiding. I was mucho stuffed up today but I can breathe right now so maybe that part has passed. (good vibes, positive thoughts)

Take it easy, everyone. Take extra good care of yourself.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: