Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My evil plan is working....




Obsessions. I have had this happen a few times. It is rare: when you read a book that was SO GOOD that you are obsessed with it. After you’ve completed reading it, it will not leave your thoughts. THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy has done that to me. I need to take my focus to something else. The next book I read will suffer in comparison because it WON’T be those books and the emotional ride it gave me. So I’m going absolutely opposite: reading a nonfiction book. I won’t tell you what about. Okay, I’ll tell you: the downfall of Enron. Dry, right? It’s been a long time … in fact, I don’t know if I’ve ever had the urge to immediately re-read a book upon completing it. THE HUNGER GAMES, yes. Perhaps the thrill wouldn’t be the same but I don’t want to leave that world. But it is over because the story is completely over in the trilogy of books. The end. There will be no more books. And I don’t know if I want to see the movie being made of it because I don’t think it will compare. I don’t think they can do it justice because the narration is very internal to Katniss. But I will see it, of course. But for right now the characters are as I see them in my mind and not some actors. You know, I would even try to make Steve-the-Nonreader to read the book. I tried with THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin with him but I think the sheer size of the book turned him away. This will be different: fewer pages and I’ll MAKE him read it. Ha! I will make EVERYONE read it. Bwa hahhahaa!


Took the dogs for a run, had some dinner, and now I'm getting tired. I wish I could accomplish more in the evenings but I just get wrung out from all day on the phones with people. Steve is out shooting and I've given the boys some rawhide bones to keep them occupied. I may read for a little and then call it a night.


Much love,


PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: