Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ohhhhh, wow, that looks so good right now



I won't talk about THOSE books.

I've started CONSPIRACY OF FOOLS by Kurt Eichenwald. The book about the rise and fall of Enron. It has a good narrative flow and I'm learning about how an oil pipe company became the energy monster it was before the end. At least at a point of where it was starting in its first branching out -- it "invented" the gas bank where they were the middle man between natural gas suppliers and buyers and then sold the investments of them like bonds therefore the liabilities could be taken off the books because the company didn't own them anymore. And I'm realizing how much I am just not a sharp person when it comes to things like that and there people out there who have instincts in that area that are scary. This may keep me occupied until the new Louise Penny on Tuesday.


It is still freaking hot. Day after day this week in the 90s and yesterday the compressor of the ac on our side of the building at work broke and the email today from the management says a replacement had to be ordered and may be in next week. And I also learned today what makes my hackles rise without conscious thought. It is being spoken to thusly: "Look, lady....." I didn't not respond negatively but I surely wanted to clobber the guy.


We've decided we need to get Ryker an electric collar. He simply will not listen and runs off ignoring us when we take him off leash for runs. I hate the thought of the things but in this case we feel it is needed for his safety. If we yell stop or come here and he ignores us as he does and he is in danger from being hit by a car or about to have an encounter with a dog we know is unfriendly or someone in their yard is fed up with loose dogs and takes a shotgun out, well, we can't have that. Just like with the electrified wire around the fence line, we gave him many opportunities to behave and limited his options to misbehave but he continues. Coda doesn't do it as much and usually is following Ryker so I don't know if Coda will get one too.


Nothing on TV for me tonight. I picked up some sweet corn for dinner and will have it with round steak. Speaking of which, I need to go husk some corn cobs.


Have a lovely evening....


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: