Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oh, if only it worked over the phone!



Had to run errands after work: got dog food, tennis balls, and bones at Petsmart and then groceries at Walmart. Steve, thank goodness, walked the boys. Coda and Ryker are now busy with said bones. Woot!


Last night, instead of cleaning the spare room, I wound up watching the movie Secretariat that I came across while eating dinner. It was a super good flick and I highly recommend it. It stars Diane Lane who has proved to be a fairly good actress and John Malkovich who is always entertaining to watch. And though you know he won the Triple Crown, it was still suspenseful. What an amazing horse -- the Belmont, the longest of the three races, he won by 31 lengths and each quarter of a mile he was increasing speed.

And last night the boys weren't letting me watch the movie very well. Coda wanted constant petting and getting in my lap. And then they started wrestling with each other around me, on me... Oy.


I just hate being out of touch with what's going on in the world while at work. I had a very small cube of a desk radio that I never liked and actually let my friend Tami use at UI. It couldn't pick up anything at this job being even more of an interior cubicle. I got a new system at lunch today that I think will work well and also has CD and iPod capabilities. Next up, I need a new iPod; mine is dead. In the meantime, I am very content to be able to listen to my talk radio and the news. With 15 months until the elections, things will be heating up and I WILL NOT miss out.


Time to start to unwind. I'll see if I can get some reading in before bed. I'm still in a news/nonfiction mood. It will pass; they always do and then circle around again.

I think I'll have a fudgicle before I head in.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: