Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Er, no .... my creepy alert is ringing


I am just weary. The phones were busy, of course, after a three day weekend. By 3:00, I hit my wall of tolerance and just didn't want to play office anymore.

Took the boys for a good run after work. They were jumping in the ditch every 10 feet and I think they terrorized a duck at one point. Ryker was a good boy: at the point that he would usually take off running and not listen and not come back for five minutes -- I said Ryker Stop and he plunked right down on his butt. Woot!


Steve has a board meeting tonight. I've done the dishes (dishwasher not fixed yet) and now I'm clearing out emails. I have a Teaching Company course on game theory I'd like to start but I may just read some news then read in bed a little bit. I didn't sleep very well last; I couldn't turn my brain off until after 1 and then at 4:30 the boys went tearing outside about something. Uff da.


Currently reading THE KILLING SEASON by Priscilla Royal. This is 8th of 8 in series featuring Eleanor, Prioress of Tyndal, and Brother Thomas in 11th century East Anglia, England. Here is a summary:
Baron Herbert’s return from crusade should have been a joyous occasion. Instead, he grows increasingly morose, withdraws from his family, and refuses to share his wife’s bed. When his sons begin to die in strange accidents, some ask whether Herbert harbors a dark sin for which God has cursed him. The baron suddenly sends for Sir Hugh of Wynethorpe, begging his friend to bring spiritual and secular healers but giving little explanation for the request. Worried about Herbert’s descent into melancholy and the tragic deaths, Sir Hugh persuades his sister, Prioress Eleanor of Tyndal Priory, to accompany him as well as a respected physician, Master Gamel. Although he is pleased when the prioress brings her healer, Sister Anne, he is dismayed to find Brother Thomas included, a man he has reason to despise. Perhaps there is a malign presence at this storm-blasted castle, oddly named Doux et Dur. Tensions spark among family members and soon between those who came to help. Death’s scythe harvests more victims, and it is not long before Ecclesiastes’ grim words seem all too apt: there is a season for everything under heaven, including a time to kill. But is there also a time to heal?
It has 250 pages and will be published in October. I have this on my Kindle as an ARC through netgalley.com.

Listening to talk radio today and a listener brought up a good point about all the hateful language/rhetoric being fired at the Tea Party: there is legislation in place in school and the work place about bullying but it's okay when the liberals do it? I volunteered to help out with Rehberg's run for senate. We'll see what happens.

Please read: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/the_democrats_invincible_ignorance.html


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd appreciate this humorous view of writing crime fiction. The Best Way to Dump a Body:http://whisperedwritings.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/the-best-way-to-dump-a-body/

PK the Bookeemonster said...

Love it! Thanks for posting. I feel in a vacuum here sometimes.