Saturday, September 17, 2011

The sun came out ... hrumph


I'm going active with my other blog, American Aglaia, again. That is the current events/politics side of my opinions. It can be found at www.americanaglaia.blogspot.com. I'm mostly posting articles and opinions of interest I find as I surf the Net.


So, I didn't get very far in starting THE TWELFTH IMAM by Joel Rosenberg last night. I conked out. And it looks like his new book coming out in October continues the character so this isn't a stand alone. Here's a summary:
As the apocalyptic leaders of Iran call for the annihilation of Israel and the U.S., CIA operative David Shirazi is sent into Tehran with one objective: use all means necessary to disrupt Iran’s nuclear weapons program—without leaving American fingerprints, and without triggering a regional war. At extreme personal risk, Shirazi undertakes his assignment. A native Farsi speaker whose family escaped from Iran in 1979, he couldn’t be better prepared for the mission. But none of his training has prepared Shirazi for what will happen next. An obscure religious cleric is suddenly hailed throughout the region as the Islamic messiah known as the Mahdi or the Twelfth Imam. News of his miracles, healings, signs, and wonders, spread like wildfire, as do rumors of a new and horrific war. With the prophecy of the Twelfth Imam seemingly fulfilled, Iran’s leaders prepare to strike Israel and bring about the End of Days. Shirazi must take action, but the clock is ticking.
It was published in 2010 and has 512 pages. This is a library book.


It started out so lovely today: darkly overcast and cool with a little rain. But then the sun came out. Bah. We're still going to have soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.


I've been cleaning out my emails and catching up on news and working on my newsletter. I still have to do the cleaning chores. But I still have so much to do. I need to put time in on my couponing efforts, I need to watch some GBTV episodes, I need to read my WSJ from this past week, and I need to read my nonfiction, and I need to do research for my story.


I'm starting to seriously consider stopping my newsletter with the December issue. It is eating up too much time without payoff. As noted in the previous paragraph I have a lot I can be doing otherwise that may be more productive of my time. I'll make the final decision by November.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: