Saturday, September 24, 2011

Picture a dog and that's what I get at 6:45 weekend mornings to go for a walk....


Micah did an excellent job mowing the lawn this morning. I met his dad who said that Micah is doing this because he needs a new iPod, I think, and that he loves to read and has a Nook. Oh yeah, I can get behind this kid. His dad told him money doesn't grow on trees so if he wanted something he'd have to go after it. Yay dad! We were apparently the only house to take Micah up on his offer but he did leave business cards with people. I asked him to check back next weekend with us. He's only in the 6th grade. Heck, I'd help support his entrepreneurial efforts until he graduates from high school.

Otherwise, I've been doing some cleaning chores. Steve is out at the gun range. I've been reading blogs and news and basically time killing things while not working on my newsletter. But it is time to get serious on it now.


I finished THE TWELFTH IMAM by Joel C Rosenberg. I haven't decided what to read next. I do have a short by Lauren Willig on the Kindle and I do have some nonfiction to read. And magazines. And the WSJ. And a whole lotta series reads. Rosenberg has a sequel coming out in October that I've put on hold at the library.


Oh, bad news, I just exchanged comments with Alan Gordon who says there will be no more Fools Guild books. Just sad. They are excellent historical mysteries.

All right, all right, no more lallygagging. :)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: