Friday, September 2, 2011

Look, it's Friday of a long weekend, I'm going to relax now, you got a problem wit dat?


Sorry no blog yesterday. After work, I got home to find that Coda had destroyed, ripped to shreds, his bed so I had to clean up bed stuffing from the deck and yard. So no walk for the dogs. To show them that we weren’t going to walk, I vacuumed the stairs. Blech. I hate doing that. Then Steve got home and we took them outside the front yard for a little exercise. Then dinner. Then discovered the dishwasher wasn’t working so had to wash the dishes by hand. Then found out the laptop wasn’t working so I just gave up.

I got through the day listening to music. Specifically my Pandora channel via my cell phone. Isn’t it funny how some songs or bands can embed themselves in our psyches? I heard some music today that made me flash back: Tracy Chapman’s first album ( song: Fast Car) and U2’s Joshua Tree (song: Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For) bring back such memories of the summer of 1988. I did summer rep at Billings Studio Theatre, stage managing three of the four shows: A My Name is Alice, Ten Little Indians, and The Odd Couple. Rich Hansen, the tech director, was playing Tracy Chapman over the theatre’s sound system and when I first heard it I didn’t realize it was a woman. And U2’s Joshua Tree was playing a lot that summer; I remember a trip in a car to a cast party somewhere hearing that and another memory while doing a parade downtown on a hot summer day, the float was for The Odd Couple and the girls had to walk and the guys were playing poker.

Listening to The Doors and The Rolling Stones reminds me of driving on the highway toward Virginia City for the two summer seasons I did there. Good traveling music. That would have been about 1989 and 1990.

The acoustic cd of Rod Stewart reminds of me working in the production office on the movie FTW that starred Mickey Rourke, filmed in Livingston. That would have been around 1992-ish.

Pink Floyd reminds me of dating Steve. And the sound track to City of Angels and Alanis Morrisette.

After work I had to get some groceries and a prescription for Steve. Steve is now walking the boys. I'll be making hamburgers for dinner and watch Say Yes to the Dress. Then maybe I'll read; I haven't been able to do much of that these past couple days. I've been reading the WSJ in the evenings.

This weekend will be busy with the newsletter, finishing the old and starting the new.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: