Friday, January 31, 2014

Aiya! You can't sneak up on a ninja panda

Not While I'm Eating!


TGIF!

We got home at a decent time last night, around 9. The NILE banquet went well, the food was all right, Alice did well in accepting the honor in Buford's name.

Tonight I have Say Yes to the Dress and maybe Cold Justice to watch.

It is supposed to be cold the next few days. I should get some more food stuffs for us and the boys but really don't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow a quick errand.

I'm reading the biography of Elizabeth II, I'm up to the point of Diana joining the family. In any book, there is a point of view, that can't be avoided. The author doesn't go into it in great detail really because this is about the queen, but Diana comes across as very emotionally unstable. The "firm" didn't necessarily ease her way into the world of royalty and she was only a rather uneducated 19-year-old, but it seems like she was a mess to begin with. I've been more fascinated by how busy the queen is/was and would love to see in action how she dealt with her prime ministers. She is depicted as being easy to discuss things with but she very much kept her neutrality, knowing her limits in a constitutional monarchy. 

I've been neglecting GHOST WARS in favor of the Elizabeth II book. I hope I can re-check it out if my time runs out. Also neglecting the Susanna Gregory only because I can't read two books at once. Wouldn't even work with a book and an audio. But wouldn't that be amazing?! Think of doubling one's reading! The mind boggles.

I've been hit and miss in viewing the first season of Veronica Mars again. I need to do a binge maybe this weekend.

No plans tomorrow except to pick up a pizza for Sunday and maybe those quick food errands. Otherwise, cleaning and laundry. And reading and napping. The usual.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: