Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's ok, honey, I'm that way with books

I Have the Chase Part Down...Can You Explain the Retrieve Part Again?


I'm sure you have them too -- days where you just don't focus. It's not illness, lack of sleep, or medically induced or anything like that, I'm just feeling almost like everything is "Squirrel!" today. I'm just jumping from topic to topic. It doesn't make for a very productive day.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is supposedly a repeat tonight so nothing on TV for me, I believe. I will get a chance to read then. I haven't for the past two nights.

I'm hoping when I get home the Susanna Gregory book will be there. There's no way to track it because it's coming from the UK and they don't provide tracking for overseas orders. It was released on January 2nd and they said it would probably be here by the 14th. Yeah, not so much. Bah. I suppose if it's not here by Friday I should contact Amazon.uk as a lost product. 

In the meantime, I've got some digital loans to give a try. The nice thing about digital loans is that they don't cost money, you can download them pretty instantly therefore you don't have to go to the actual library, and if you don't like it you can return it any time with no problem or much investment.

Looks like I'm in the mood for a fluffy. A digital loan, DREAMING OF MR. DARCY by Victoria Connelly is one of her Austen Addicts romance series that doesn't have to be read in order, it appears. Here's a description:
Fledging illustrator and Darcy fanatic Kay Ashton settles in the seaside town of Lyme to finish her book, The Illustrated Darcy, when a film company arrives to make a new adaptation of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Kay is soon falling for the handsome bad boy actor playing Captain Wentworth, but it's the quiet screenwriter Adam Craig who has more in common with her beloved Mr. Darcy. Though still healing from a broken heart, Adam finds himself unexpectedly in love with Kay. But it will take more than good intentions to convince her that her real happy ending is with him.
Published in 2012, it has 370 pages.

It's warm today but we're supposed to get an inch or two of snow tomorrow but warm again by Friday, near 50.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: