Monday, January 27, 2014

I want what he's having ...

I Never Thought it Could Get Better Than From Behind the Ears

Tonight on TV I only really have The Blacklist to watch at 9. I may channel surf around otherwise. Regarding The Blacklist, much like Dame Maggie Smith on Downton Abbey, James Spader gets all the best lines and delivers them with such .... relish that it is magical to watch. Even though the show is on late, I stay up for it and just revel in it. 




This was after Red shot her (bad guy) husband in the knee and threatened to shoot through the door if she didn't stop screaming. Love him. 

And then we have Sherlock:



On Sherlock last night, the storytelling structure of the episode was a little strange but it scores an 11 (Spinal Tap reference) on Best Best Man Speech Evah: 

“The point I’m trying to make is that I am the most unpleasant, rude, ignorant, and all around obnoxious asshole that anyone could possibly have the misfortune to meet. I am dismissive of the virtuous, unaware of the beautiful, and uncomprehending in the face of the happy. So if I didn’t understand I was being asked to be the best man, it is because I never really expected to ever be anybody’s best friend … certainly not the best friend of the bravest and kindest and wisest human being I have ever had the good fortune of knowing. John, I am a ridiculous man, redeemed only by the warmth and constancy of your friendship, but as I’m apparently your best friend I cannot congratulate you on your choice of companion. Actually, now, I can. Mary, when I say you deserve this man it is the highest compliment of which I am capable. John, you have endured war, and injury, and tragic loss — so sorry again about that last one — so know this: Today, you sit here between the woman you have made your wife and the man you have saved. In short, the two people who love you most in all this world. And, I know I speak for Mary as well when I say we will never let you down and we have a lifetime ahead to prove that.” 
It would probably also win for LONGEST Best Man Speech Evah as well because it kinda sorta lasted most of the episode. The show was funny and touching and the ends all eventually tied. Only one more to go before this season ends. Bah.

To conclude our day, I share this because it's Monday and have to say that yes, it's probably mean ... but it is.... kinda .... funny....



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: