Saturday, October 4, 2008

100408

Steve wound up coaching the shooting class only this morning, not in the afternoon too because they had more than enough coaches. He was very tired -- he's not used to getting up so early on a Saturday! -- so now he's napping. Plus he worked way late last night; he didn't get home until after 8. Two of his guys didn't show up for work so he had to do the out of town job himself. Owning a business is rarely fun and games. We'll walk Tug after he gets up. It was supposed to get up to 71 today; I don't know if it made it since it's been overcast all day and sort of cooler-ish I thought. A front is moving in tonight and the high is in the 50s tomorrow. Yay Fall!! This is the beginning of stews and soups and cups of hot drinks and it will be dark sooner and sooner. Love it. Actually, when I walk Tug after work the sun is already rather angled; and it's not even Daylight Savings yet.

I was up early this morning -- just BINK! awake at 6:20. I did lay down again and read for a bit and then snoozed a little after Steve left and I had vacuumed upstairs. I still need to vacuum downstairs. Laundry is going all day.

I went to Linens N Things to get pillowcases. Ours have pretty much fallen apart I think from the period of time that Steve had the softener valve turned off. The towels, too were unraveling so I got more of those. Those suckers are expensive! I found a comforter I like but was too much for me to get now. Ours, we've had for at least 11 years and is definitely showing it's age and wear and tear. Looks like I'm stuck in a dark blue phase still in my choices.

Reading: Made a little progress in the Maitland, COMPANY OF LAIRS. I finished the Ruth Rendell audiobook A SLEEPING LIFE and I'm now listening to MONSTER OF FLORENCE by Douglas Preston, nonfiction.

I subscribed to the Weekly Standard magazine and was able to download this week's issue so I have that to read. I stopped by Borders after shopping since it was in that same area in order to check the magazines. I got the new Cineaste (movies) and found a magazine I'd not heard of before, Geek, that had some interesting articles about Mystery Science Theater 3000 and something about Fringe, and just looked like the eclectic stuff to jump around in that I find interesting. Giving it a shot though with magazines anymore they're as much as paperbacks which is just crazy.

Upcoming book releases include the new Sharon Kay Penman on Tuesday (on hold at the library) and the new Michael Connelly the week after. Yay!

TV: Steve will want to watch Cops and I suppose I'd be able to flip from channel to channel. I need to just pick a night to watch a movie and stick to it.

Movies: I'd like to go see An American Carol sometime this weekend, maybe tomorrow. Looks funny.

Okay, can't think of anything else.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: