Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tired but Wired

Yesterday was one long fricking day. Concert day. This one was called Harvest Home and guest artists were Jay Unger and Molly Mason. The concert was really wonderful but my day started at 9am and I got home at quarter to 1 am and then couldn't sleep because I was wired with adrenaline. It has snowed over a foot here and all day the roads weren't bad but last night they were terrible. I drove 25 miles an hour the whole way and still felt some slipping but some cars were blowing by me. I don't get it. Do they have different tires or some kind of non-fear of crashing? I'm not a bad driver but when you feel control going away and you have a hard time stopping at lights and then getting going again you slide sideways you drive slower.

Jay and Molly play fiddle and guitar and are well known apparently through Prairie Home Companion radio and they did the music for Ken Burns' Civil War and will be doing his next one too. This is the link to their website: http://www.jayandmolly.com/index.shtml. My favorite of their performance was Harvest Home Suite, an amazing piece of music. The theatre had several ushers not show up so I wound up selling their merchandise and I did buy one of their cds that had that piece on it.

Tug got me up between 7:30 and 8 so there is definitely a nap in my future. I shoveled half the driveway this morning because Steve never does it. Never has, never will. He grew up in the country where apparently they don't shovel. I did "his" side of the driveway since I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday and I'm not going anywhere for two days (we are having Columbus Day off for some reason). Tug was out frolicking in the show while I shoveled; he looooovvvvves snow. So he was trying to scope out bunnies in the usual holes. I didn't go get a newspaper this morning so he didn't get his Sunday morning car ride so I thought he could enjoy romping around out front where he likes it best. And I figured there wouldn't any other dogs running around. It's supposed to be in the 40s and 50s by Wednesday or Thursday so this white stuff will be gone soon but we haven't had this much snow in a long long time.

I've got to do the weekend cleaning now: laundry, vacuum, etc. I've got a turkey roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I don't really plan to do much else these two days off except Interneting and reading and maybe some tv/movie watching. Reading will be the priority; I'd like to finish the Liss very soon.

Getting kinda hungry for some lunch here soon. I think I hear Steve walking around now so I'd better pop upstairs and then get some laundry going. Then .... a lovely nap!

Happy reading,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: