Thursday, October 16, 2008

Book sale/ Estate sale

I have tomorrow off because of working on Saturday. I plan to make much good use of it. A bookaholics dream.

The Friends of the Library sale is this weekend. It officially starts tonight for members of the Friends of the Library in a sneak peak before opening to the general public tomorrow morning. For a couple years now I've considered joining just for this perk and this year I intend to do so. It came down to logistics: tomorrow I would only have an hour to look at things before having to go meet a friend for lunch and then get my hair cut; tonight I would have two hours. It will cost $10 to join but I think it is a good cause and I should have been a part of them a long time ago since I believe so strongly in libraries.

So I won't be home until after 8:30 probably tonight so Steve will have to walk Tug and deal with dinner himself. He doesn't get to be home alone very much so he'll enjoy it too.

One of our board members is having an estate sale starting tomorrow. She says she has tons of books and lots of mysteries. I haven't heard back from her but I emailed her offering to buy her mystery stock sight unseen. I'm sure there will be ones I like I'd keep and the others I'd take to the used bookstore for credit. Otherwise I'll be at her sale bright and early in the morning.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy reading,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: