Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dinner/ It's a Saturday / Crombie

Last night's dinner at the Johnsons was lovely. I'd say about a dozen people showed up. And somehow it usually segregated into men vs women in groupings even while eating dinner. As you know, Steve goes shooting on Wednesday nights at the gun club of which he is pistol director. Over the year I believe they put some money in a kitty for this dinner at the Johnsons who've graciously volunteered to host it for two years now. With the petty cash they purchase steaks to grill and potatoes, etc., and the rest bring things like salads, deserts, and appetizers. Their house is beautiful; big open floor plan upstairs (I've not seen any other portion of the house) and very relaxed with music playing and people talking up a storm. We got there at about 6:30 and got home at 10. This is something Steve really enjoys doing and I don't mind at all.

Today, Steve is doing a couple projects outside the house so I don't expect to see him until this afternoon. I've been doing some cleaning; I'm having a fit of "ugh, this place is a mess" but I'm not tipping over into full blown "must clean everything" mode but rather it's been seeing a mess here and there and trying to do something about that little bit. For instance, I've got a huge stack of newspapers that need to be dealt with and there's empty plastic bottles here and there and my bedside table needs organizing, etc. It will pass soon as I give up to the hugeness of it and figure I'd rather be reading. :)

So I've got my second load of laundry in the wash and I've cleared the rooms for vacuuming but I thought I'd take a break and do this post and check some email. I need to go to Walmart for a couple items I couldn't get yesterday at Albertsons. I'll walk Tug around 3 or 4-ish. Maybe I'll get a nap in, too, since I didn't get one yesterday. Ah, so much to accomplish!

I'm pages away from finishing the Crombie and then I'll start the Connelly. I also have a text on being an Executive Director for an NPO that I'd like to get going on. I don't think there's a whole lot of tv to watch tonight but I did find on the Internet the full episode of Crusoe that I missed last night so I'll have to make time for that. The Penman at the library still hasn't had any movement from on order to in the building. It'll be coming up on two weeks soon since it's been released. Bothersome, but I can wait.

Tonight for dinner I'm planning taco salad; that's usually a guaranteed hit.

Update: finished the Crombie, ALL SHALL BE WELL. I don't know; maybe I'm a little disappointed. There was investigation of suspects going on but the ending almost seemed to come out of the blue even though there was mention of some of the things happening in the past but the perpetrator was never mentioned in any connection until the confrontation and accusation and confession It's a let down in a way. And I swear, if I read another reference to Gemma's "copper hair" I'll do something evil. Need a month or two before reading the next in series.

On to the Connelly...

Happy reading,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: