Thursday, October 30, 2008

Didn't get as much done today as I would have liked. I did get the student loan application filled out so that will help eventually. I received the unemployment paperwork in the mail to sign and return. I had lunch with Woody which took a big chunk of time.

We had lunch at a restaurant on the 20th floor of the Crowne Plaza called Montana Sky. I don't think many people know about it because it was sparsely populated with diners. I had the reuben sandwich (of course) but it was made with turkey ... not bad but not the same. I got there at 11:30 like he suggested but Woody didn't get there until almost 12 which kind of put me in a anxious mood. He did say that unless something changes, he's going to have to let someone go, too, by the end of the year. This early in the economic downtown, nonprofits are feeling the crunch so much they're laying off personnel. This put me in a down mood. Also, I ran the film society by him and while he didn't exactly shoot it down he did say that he had been looking to show movies at the ABT himself (he had told me that previously). Now, I don't know what to do about my idea. It seems to be an almost impossible idea and too big and with tough times coming it would be even harder to get going. And he wasn't too positive about my website (again he didn't shoot it down) but I don't think he sees the value of it, plus he said economically he's telling all his staff they can't renew mags or anything perhaps suggesting that it may be a difficult sell. Maybe I was just seeing the down side of things. I mean he didn't mean to put me in a down mood it just sort of happened; it's just me.

So I got home with a big bit of the afternoon gone and feeling a bit low. I'm going to have to get used to good days and bad days and learn how to work past the low ones. So I walked Tug because I couldn't get the energy to tackle any projects and he was LOOKING at me the way dogs do when they want to go for a walk and nothing else will do until that happens. It's a beautiful day out. Tug got to do some fence racing with the three chocolate labs.

Survivor is on tv tonight. I'm making taco salad for something fun to eat and Steve likes it. I think I'm just going to do some reading tonight after that. Tomorrow will be better emotionally I think.

Tomorrow is Halloween and Lisa and Scott will be arriving in the afternoon. Will have to get any work done and walking of Tug before then.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: